So I picked up the clutch master and slave cylinders in April and finally installed them today. Pretty cool the original parts lasted some 29 years and about 124k miles. Beth helped out with the bleeding part.
I pulled the driver's seat out and really looked hard at the whole slider situation that you could move the seat forward, but not back unless you removed it from the car. This is what has prevented Beth from driving the Z. So out comes the Dremel and a few grinding wheels and I took care of the part that was hanging up. Bolted the seat back in, called Beth out to the garage and had her adjust the seat, then slide it back. She had the biggest grin on her face. Now she just needs a drive to get use to driving a stick again!
Seafoam is going in the engine to help free up that sticky ring and the smoke issue on start up should be resolved in no time.
Saving the head light covers install for a Winter project.