Sorry about your bumper. What exactly did they do? Did they hit it with something, or did they run into something while driving the car into the service bay?
I've never taken the car there; I always take the wheels off the car at home and take them loose into the shop. Your experience suggests that this may be the correct way to deal with these guys.
That's probably a good idea to take off your wheels first, especially if you want to take a low to the ground car. Anyways, so here's what happened....
1. I went there yesterday and I accidently brought 4 same tires (I have a staggered setup and have 10 tires in the storage...of 6 them being the same brand/model tire)
2. Came back today with the right ones, gave them the keys.
3. CJ put my work order in, inspected my car
(I watched him take a small brown clipboard and walk around the car) and Jason and I left.
4. Called around 3PM, was told they are done so we went to pick up my car.
5. I paid and checked my car.
6. Found scrapes under my car I have never seen before.
7. Went back in, complained, and Dustin (<---really helpful) told me that they would reimburst the amount to fix it.
8. Jason advised me to get a written statement.
9. We went back in for a written statement and got yelled by CJ... :x
What annoys me is that they acknowledged it was a lowered car (we had a talk about my car being lowered when I brough in the wrong width tire) and accepted my keys yet, when I confronted with them that the bumper is scraped, they told me "well, it is a lowered car too". Then, knowing they did a full body inspection before they pulled it in the service bay, I asked "so it's my word against yours?", the answer was a yes. After being told that we are a "waste of his time", I just didn't care anymore, I just wanted to get out of that place.
They seem to have did a good job so far but I have some vibration at 60mph...which I am guessing it is wheel balance since I had my car aligned in December 07 and didn't have vibrations till today...after I readjust my tire pressure and if that doesn't solve it, I guess it's back to Discount tire @ 146th st for rebalance. They dont have the greatest customer service, but not bad either.
VERY similar to Mitchs story
Ill NEVER go there after this shit
what did you guys end up doing??
calling the cops?
calling the head office??
One of my good friend's uncle is the owner or CEO of Tire Barn. I'm gonna see if he can do something after I file a complaint.
With all honesty, I could have cared less about my bumper. Sure I JUST got it repainted in January, but I just wanted a "we're sorry we'll make sure it'll never happen again", not a
We're adults here and I assume you two are the same. YOU'RE A WASTE OF MY TIME!! (smart ass attitude) have a nice day(/smart ass attitude)
. I understand that mistakes do happen. I used to work at the tire service bay of Autobacs myself when I was in undergrad in Tokyo. However, morally, this is not a way to treat a customer. He didn't even come out to look at my car, just got yelled and was told that he did not scrape the bumper and that's that.